Apprentice Geospatial Surveyor
Malcolm Hughes is one of the leading survey companies in the UK. We operate from offices across England, Scotland & Wales and offer our clients genuine nationwide service. As part of the Ogilvie Group of companies we have strength in depth and our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service and operate with trust, transparency and integrity.
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Good basic mathematical skills, in particular geometry and trigonometry
- Good basic IT skills: CAD skills would be useful
- Personal qualities
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Good time keeping and flexibility
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home
- An interest in maps and mapping would be helpful
- Respect for the importance of the work that you will be undertaking.
- Desired qualifications
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
A successful apprentice who shows the right attitude and aptitude for the work will quickly gain promotion to junior surveyor, with responsibility for their own work. Salary advancement can be rapid for a capable surveyor with a ‘can do’ attitude, with a choice of company vehicle provided.
A driving licence is essential (due to travelling within the role).
This Apprenticeship opportunity is being managed by Riverside College. As part of the initial process we may contact you by telephone or email using the details you have provided on your application.
We offer excellent employment packages along with industry leading training and development.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a leading survey firm within the industry.