Assistant Land Manager / Land Manager
- Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm
- Early finish Friday (3:30pm)
- Company vehicle
- Access to Well-being Champions and Mental Health First Aiders
- 32 days annual holiday entitlement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Generous contributory personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including 5
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Land Manager/Land Manager to join our team in Stirling. The role title will be agreed depending on the experience of the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Head of Land you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the identification of development opportunities for Board consideration
- Responsible for the preparation, management and negotiation of new land bids
- Responsible for securing of land within budget in line with the Company’s acquisition programme
- Responsible for securing of all necessary legal agreements to facilitate land purchases
- Responsible for the ongoing analysis of the existing land bank to advise on strategic decisions
- Responsible for the conversion of strategic development sites to Allocated / PPP status
- Lead and co-ordinate External Consultants to support relevant PPP / LDP submissions
- Lead and co-ordinate Pre-Development Meetings and input to Project Meetings
- Responsible for the negotiation and conclusion of any S69 / S75 agreements
- Develop professional experience through CPD attendance
- Develop network of industry / professional contacts to maximise development opportunities
- Maintain working knowledge of latest Scottish Government / Local Authority Planning Policies
- Maintaining of records and filing in line with required working procedures
- HND/Degree qualified in a land/planning discipline?
- A lateral thinker with determination and confidence to problem solve?
- A good negotiator with excellent communication skills?
- Have a membership of a relevant professional institution? – Preferred
- Have detailed knowledge of the Planning System / Legislation (Scotland)? – Preferred
- Have sound knowledge of the construction process and technical constraints?