Ogilvie Construction Ltd deliver building projects in both the public and private sector. We are a multi-skilled organisation and pride ourselves on our people and recruiting the best talent. We provide a rewarding and challenging working environment for all our employees, and we understand the benefits of a talented workforce.
- Mon–Fri, 8am–5pm
- Early finish Friday (3:30pm)
- 32 days annual holiday entitlement
- Company Car or Car Allowance provided
- Access to Well-being Champions and Mental Health First Aiders
- Generous contributory personal Pension Scheme
- Salary exchange pension with employer NI savings included
- Profit share scheme
- Excellent death in service cover
- Employee Assistance Programme including 5 counselling sessions
Joining our technical team, you will be responsible for managing the design throughout the project life cycle.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness identifying opportunities and risks
- Analyse relevant information and identify innovative and effective solutions
- Anticipate problems and modify plans accordingly
- Manage the project design development through pre-construction concept and scheme design stages
- Manage delivery of design from both consultant designers and specialist subcontract designers
- Manage the design process through internal and external review and approval gateways and submissions
- Appraise design information and report on level and quality of design information with particular regard to adequacy for pricing and construction
- Understand the design requirements for BREEAM and establish risk and opportunities associated with compliance with BREEAM obligations
- Take the lead on authority approvals in line with project requirements
- Lead or participate as required in Value Management and Risk Management exercises.
- Understand Forms of Contract and identify key design obligations
- Understand Contractors Design Portions and establish a strategy to manage the supply chain and design team to ensure CDP solutions are achieved
- Understand specialist design requirements e.g. fire engineering, acoustician, etc. and deal with appointments and fees.
- Support the bidding team to achieve commercially attractive tender solutions
- Develop and maintain Design Responsibility Matrix, Information Required Schedules, Design Change and Errors Schedules
- Professionally recognised qualifications
- Design management experience with major contractor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide leadership to deliver design process within project cost parameter