Senior Development Surveyor
- Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm
- Early finish Friday (3:30pm)
- Company vehicle provided
- Access to Well-being Champions and Mental Health First Aiders
- 32 days annual holiday entitlement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Generous contributory personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including 5 counselling sessions
We have an opportunity for a Senior Development Surveyor to join our team in Stirling.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for:
- Preparation or supporting the preparation of land appraisals
- Assisting in the design process to establish best site value
- Assisting in the development of the design concept to achieve cost effective design solutions pursuant to site constraints
- Advising on project cost ensuring integration of engineering, legal and servicing requirements
- Preparation and presenting commencement budget to senior management for approval
- Preparation and setting of trade budgets
- Preparation, issue and return of tender packages in line with target dates
- Arranging and chairing all pre-start meetings with contractors
- Carrying out measurements from drawings and other sources for tendering, buying, budget setting and other purposes
- Recommendation of payment schedule and posting of payments to accounting system by agreed dates
- Preparing, presenting and negotiating payment claims with external clients to agreed dates.
- Responsible for cost management and reporting on a monthly basis or when required.
- Preparation of estimated final accounts and other required cost information
- Liaise with site employees regularly and attend meetings as required
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts to be reported budgets and presenting these to relevant parties
- Provision of cost analysis information on completed projects
- Assist in the development of new house types including the research and development phase and provide cost advise and input.
- Degree qualified in a commercial discipline?
- Have a membership of a relevant professional institution *Preferred
- Have previous house building experience? *Preferred
- Have sound knowledge of the construction process?